$4 Gift . 1 Senior . 1 Purpose
Over the last 10 years, health care officials have been releasing statistics, resources, and building plans for the growing number of aging Americans in South Florida.
That’s why at Heart2Heart Outreach we want to make an impact for change by mobilizing our community to serve the aging population. We believe that no senior should be alone and so we address loneliness by providing hope, love, and purpose with a social, emotional, model of C.A.R.E.
Connecting people to people, advocating on behalf of your aging community, responding to everyday needs, and Engaging in one-on-one time with a senior to combat social isolation.
On March 1, 2021, we launched the 411 initiative to bring an impact for change, 1 Senior at a time. We will do this by educating our community with simple everyday acts of service and long-term care programs that include training for viable service gaps in the everyday life of a senior.
We know that many in our community have the heart to help those in need but sometimes we just don’t know where to start or some people may not realize how big the problem really is.
What you need to KNOW:
- Adults 65 and older will outnumber children for the first time in our history by the year 2030.
- Florida has the highest concentration of older residents in the U.S.
- In Broward 430,000 people over the age of 65.
- In Miami Dade County about 480,000
- In West Palm Beach 341,600
- 1.2 million people over the age of 65 in the south Florida Tri-County area.